Manlug meeting January 2018
The Manlug meeting for January 2018 will be at Madlab again this month, details as below:
Location: Madlab (Manchester Digital Laboratory)
36-40 Edge Street,
(Between Thomas Street and the Craft Centre, opposite A Bar Called Common)
Meeting date: 20/1/2018
Meeting times: 14:00 - 17:00
The January Medley
- Setting up keyboard shortcuts.
- Dealing with an unreadably small text size in some applications, possibly due to screen resolution being high.
- These items below we'll cover where possible as they are more involved:
- Installing Node/NPM in order to install other software.
- Installing software that is not available via the software gui.
- Installing a *AMP stack.
- Advice on installing software that I currently have on my Windows machine but is not available on Linux, eg. for backups, password vault.
- I would like to add to this my experience so far with Jekyll (that which Github pages is based on).